Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary
At the Wildlife Sanctuary you can
- Pat a kangaroo, howl with the dingoes and laugh with the kookaburras
- Be greeted by Charlie, the 30+ year old Long Billed Corella
- Interact with, and learn about Australia's largest land predator, the dingo
- Feed kangaroos and wallabies. Look for joeys in the pouch!
- Admire our colourful Australian birds in the free flight aviary
- Be entertained by the cockatoos' antics
- Learn about snakes... their eating habits, habitat, and more
- Wrap Muscles, the diamond python, around your neck... if you dare!
- Feel the smoothness of a blue tongue lizard
- Give Kadar, our resident camel, a kiss!
The Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation formed by a dedicated band of volunteers, including long-serving curator Ray Revill, to ensure the future of the sanctuary and its inhabitants.
We are located in the Heritage City of Maryborough, Queensland, a 3 hour drive north of Brisbane and a short 30 minute drive to Hervey Bay, the whale watching capital of Queensland and the gateway to spectacular Fraser Island.
Our canteen provides delicious morning and afternoon teas, as well as light lunches. Hot and cold drinks are available. A range of souvenirs are on sale. A variety of wildlife paintings by local well-known artists are also on display. Take advantage of our BBQ facilities and enjoy a family picnic with a difference.
Our knowledgeable volunteer staff are happy to guide you and hope you enjoy the sanctuary as much as they do.
Markets are held at the Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary on the third Sunday of every month from 7am to midday. There is a variety of stalls with interesting merchandise. Entry to the markets is by donation.
On market days admission to the sanctuary is free to market visitors until 1pm. More about the markets here!
L.& E., France "A lovely visit. Beautiful. Wonderful time had by all. Great place. Children want to stay."
J & K
A & T, Toowoomba "Well done. We will tell the grandkids."
D. & C., Alexandra Hills
Di & Dan, Gympie "Very enjoyable. Friendly animals."
J.W., Hervey Bay